- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups beef stock
- 100ml HOP'T Chocolate Chipotle Stout Sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole green peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch cayenne
- Corn start and cold water to make a slurry
Make the gravy: Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken and beef stock, ketchup, HOP'T sauce, vinegar, peppercorns, cayenne and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil.
Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the flour and make a roux, stirring until slightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk the stock mixture into the roux and simmer until reduced by half, about 20 minutes. Season the gravy with salt and pepper and keep warm.
Also if it doesn't thicken add one tablespoon corn starch to one tablespoon cold water and mix in repeat until you get the desired thickness!