Super Fruity Bacon Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp of tomato sauce
- 1/2 tbsp of French mustard
- 1 heaped tsp tropical habanero hallertau lager HOP'T sauce
- Oil (for cooking)
- Two slices of fresh sourdough
- 3 rashers of bacon
- Onions and Mushrooms (optional)
We all know the feeling of waking up feeling a little groggy after a few too many pints. Alas, the team at The Craft Beer Channel have come up with a cure for your sore head and to revive your taste buds!
- Combine the tomato sauce, mustard and HOP'T sauce in a small dish and stir well. Set aside as this won't be needed until serving.
- Put a splash of oil in a pan on a medium heat. Once hot add in the rashers of bacon and cook until crispy.
- (If using onions and mushrooms), thinly slice the onions and put in a separate pan on a medium heat. Once they've gone transparent, add in the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the slices of bread to the bacon pan and remove once they're lightly toasted.
- To serve layer one slice of bread with the bacon, drizzle the hot sauce on, add the mushrooms and onions and top with the other slice of toasted sourdough.
- Put back in the pan for a few seconds, using a saucepan lid to press it down.